Quizzes & Fun
Celebrate the arrival of Sweet Valley Confidential by hosting your own Sweet Valley Party! Check out the ideas below for inspiration:
- Drink and Appetizer Recipe from author Francine Pascal
- Jessica & Elizabeth Playlist
- “Did You Know” – Fun Facts!
- “Who is Your Sweet Valley Dream Date” chart
- Quiz: “Are you Phi Beta Alpha Material?”
From Author Francine Pascal – Two Favorite SWEET VALLEY Party Recipes
FIRE AND ICE
The drink is also sometimes called “Apples and Oranges” It’s both sweet and sour—much like Elizabeth & Jessica—and you shake it over ice and at the end light the orange peel before you dunk it in the drink.
- 1 ½ ounce of vodka
- 1 ounce apple brandy
- ¾ ounce of ginger liquor or just juice
- ½ ounce of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce of grenadine
1. Shake all ingredients over ice.
2. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with a flamed orange peel.
Jessica & Elizabeth “Sweet & Spicy” Sausage Hors D’oeuvres
- Two types of thin sausages of the same type and shape—sweet (such as chicken and apple) and one spicy (such as spicy Italian). (Tip: If you can’t find two flavors of same-sized sausages, buy a sweeter one and and sprinkle red chili flakes on half to make it spicy.)
- Store bought FILO dough or puff pastry.
(Tip: The FILO will be flakier than the puff pastry, but puff pastry is easier to work with.)
1. Place dough in fridge until just defrosted but still quite cold.
2. Roll out dough into rectangle shape (unless already shaped that way).
3. Line sausage links up in a straight line one inch away from edge.
4. Paint edge of dough with melted butter (to help the dough stick when baked) and roll to cover sausage completely.
5. Once rolled, brush top of roll with melted butter or egg to ensure a golden brown color after baking.
6. Make small surface cuts to mark where you will cut through after baking. (Tip: This will make it less likely to fall apart- especially if you are using FILO dough.)
SWEET VALLEY “JESSICA & ELIZABETH” PLAYLISTS
Compilation Credit: Jessica Riggs
1. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun — Cyndi Lauper
2. I Think We’re Alone Now — Tiffany
3. You Got It (The Right Stuff) –New Kids on the Block
4. I Wanna Dance With Somebody — Whitney Houston
5. Rhythm of the Night — Gloria Estefan
6. One Thing Leads to Another — The Fixx
7. I Know What Boys Like — The Waitresses
8. Call Me — Blondie
9. Maniac — Michael Sembello
10. Mickey — Toni Basil
11. End of the Road — Boyz II Men
12. Maneater – Hall & Oates
13. Barracuda — Heart
14. Manic Monday — Cyndi Lauper
15. Show Me Love — Robyn
16. Heaven is a Place on Earth — Belinda Carlisle
1. Forever Your Girl — Paula Abdul
2. To Be With You — Mr Big
3. Eternal Flame — The Bangles
4. Only In My Dreams — Debbie Gibson
5. I Love Rock & Roll — Joan Jett
6. Hey Jealousy — Gin Blossoms
7. One Hand in My Pocket — Alanis Morrissette
8. Round Here — Counting Crows
9. Kids in America — Kim Wilde
10. Total Eclipse of the Heart — Bonnie Tyler
11. Sweet Dreams — The Eurythmics
12. Come On Eileen Dexy’s Midnight Runners
13. Always Something There to Remind Me — Naked Eyes
14. I Swear — All-4-One
15. Waterfalls — TLC
Did You Know – Fun Facts!
Elizabeth nearly slept with Bruce Patman!
In Book 7, Dear Sister, Elizabeth wakes from a coma and has a new personality, even wilder
than Jessicaʼs. She gets all the way to the Patmanʼs master bedroom with Bruce and a cup of
wine, but hits her head on the nightstand just in the nick of time, returning to her former self.
Mrs. Wakefield and Mr. Patman were once engaged.
In Book 102, Almost Married, we learn that Alice Wakefield almost married Bruce Patmanʼs
father when they were younger. After meeting Ned Wakefield, Alice realized she was making a
mistake, and left Mr. Patman alone at the altar.
Not getting picked for the cheerleading squad drove one character to attempted
In Book 10, Wrong Kind of Girl, Annie Whitmanʼs reputation as “easy” made her a persona non
grata among the cheerleaders, despite her amazing gymnastic skills. Annie took a handful of
pills after not getting picked for the squad, but was revived at the hospital when a tearful Jessica
apologized and agreed to let her on the squad if she survived.
Jessica broke up a wedding, then got engaged to the groom.
Starting with Book 108, Left at the Altar, and ending with A Deadly Christmas, Jessicaʼs
romance with the very shady Jeremy is complicated by the fact that Sue, his would-be wife, is
staying at the Wakefieldʼs house. The engagement ends when Jeremy tries to set Jessica on
Mr. Collins was accused of sexual assault.
In Book 11, Too Good to Be True, a very bad visitor from New York, Suzanne Devlin, had the
major hots for everyoneʼs favorite English teacher, Mr. Collins. When he spurns her teenage
advances, she tries to get revenge by telling everyone he tried to take advantage of her, nearly
getting him fired.
Elizabeth was kidnapped by a hospital orderly.
In Book 13, the aptly named Kidnapped!, hospital orderly Carl steals candy-striper Elizabeth
away in the trunk of his van. She is tied to a chair for two days as he prepares to take her to a
shack in the mountains. Of course, his plan is foiled just in time.
Ken Matthews was blind for a while.
In Book 60, That Fatal Night, star football player Ken Matthews was blinded in a car accident.
He gradually gets better, but not before falling for Terri, the girl that stuck by him even when his
football career looked like it was over. He later became quarterback again.
Jessica once fell in love with a vampire.
In a three-part saga, we began to suspect that Jessicaʼs serious new crush, Jonathan, might be
a serial killer. It was only in the final book of the series, #128, Kiss of a Killer, that we learned he
was actually a supernatural demon, able to walk in the sunlight only with the aid of an onyx ring.